Serves: 4 | 20 minutes to cook
I‘m sharing my recipe for a delicious Warm Salad (stay with me here!). It could also be called my Omega-3 Salad although I’m not sure that’s any more convincing. It includes roasted cauliflower (the only warm ingredient) which pairs beautifully with the other ingredients rich in the good fats.
Remember, omega-3 fatty acids are great for heart health, brain health, hair/skin, and they boost your immune system. You should really try to include a source of healthy fats at every meal.
Here we’re talking avocados, walnuts, olive oil (a good sub would be flaxseed oil), and as an option for more protein and healthy fats, grilled salmon. Whatever you call it, it’s been our favorite “big salad” for a couple of years now. Give it a try; it’s delish!
- Preheat oven to 375-400
- Chop head of cauliflower into small florets and spread evenly on parchment lined baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil, salt & turmeric until well coated
- Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes or until slightly browned and allow too cool just slightly
- Toss it together with the arugula in a large bowl and add the cubed avocado
- Drizzle with good quality extra virgin olive oil (I like Arbequina for salads), lemon juice, and sprinkle chopped walnuts on top
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve alone or with salmon or grilled chicken