Creamy, Carrot Ginger Soup
Serves: 4 -6 | 15 Minute Prep Time | 30 Minutes to Cook
Whether it’s a cup of hearty soup paired with a big salad or a generous bowl of soup paired with a small salad, the soup and salad combo is pretty genius. The pairing makes for a thoughtful, seasonal meal that’s rich with flavor and easy to prepare. I also love how soups and salads take time to eat as we spend too little time enjoying food and family at the dinner table.
My latest soup blend is a carrot ginger soup prepared with only five main ingredients you likely have in your fridge and pantry: carrots, shallots, ginger, broth and Greek yogurt. Roast the first three with a little olive oil and then blend with the broth and yogurt plus a little salt and pepper, and dinner is done!
Not only is it delicious and beautiful (check out that color!), thanks to the addition of Greek nonfat yogurt and bone broth, it’s also an excellent source of protein to pair with my simplest, best green salad.
- Pre-heat oven to 375
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper (easy clean-up) and place the carrots, shallot, and ginger on the pan. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast in the oven for about 25 minutes or until tender and slightly caramelized.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Blend the carrot mix with the broth and yogurt in batches. A powerful blender like a Vitamix works best.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.