Spicy Shrimp with Salsa Roja de Olga
Serves: 4-6 | Minute Prep Time 15 mins | Minutes to Cook 5
Olga is one of my mom’s loving caregivers and when Sean and I came home after a game one recent evening, she cared for us, too, surprising us with this amazing shrimp in a spicy red sauce. I asked her to teach me her delicious ways, and now, this is one of our favorite dinners!
- Pat the shrimp dry and add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Remove the stems from the dried chiles. Place in a pot with just enough water to cover the chiles. Boil until softened, about 10 minutes and strain.
- Place the chiles into a blender and add 1.5 cups of fresh water (you can add more water later if necessary), the chile chipotles in adobo sauce, the garlic and pinch of salt.
- Blend and strain using a fine mesh sieve (the sauce is now ready if you prefer to use with another protein or vegetable).
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium to high heat and add the shrimp, cooking 2-3 minutes per side until pink. Do not overcook.
- Serve with chopped cilantro, warm tortillas and guacamole, and enjoy!