Green Turkey Burgers
Serves: 8 – 10 | 20 Minute Prep Time | 15 Minutes to Cook
No one loves a turkey burger more than my husband, Sean. And after he declared these “the best turkey burgers ever,” I knew I had to share them with you. These are inspired by a friend’s recipe; I used a little less of the green chiles, and then added zucchini for both a nutrient boost and extra juiciness. Enjoy – and here’s hoping husbands are sometimes right! 😉
- Prepare the pickled onions by placing them in a small bowl and topping with red wine vinegar and salt. Set aside.
- Allow the turkey to come to room temperature for at least an hour and combine with the zucchini, chiles, cilantro and salt and pepper.
- Form into patties (about the size of a lacrosse ball or large ice cream scoop).
- Cook on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes per side. Use a meat thermometer and allow temperature to reach 160 degrees F. Let patties rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve on lettuce with tomatoes, onions and avocado slices or on your favorite bun with your favorite toppings.